Every year my New Years resolutions seems to be the same old story, get in shape, eat healthy, etc… This year I’m trying to find real ways to make an impact with more reasonable resolutions. The goal? To live a more balanced life. Below are a few items that I already have or am hoping to get for Christmas that will help my overall well-being in the coming year.
- Takeya Thermoflask. (pictured above): If you’re anything like me you don’t drink even close to enough water throughout the day. I love water but I’m super particular about the temperature, I like it ice cold! Besides the fact that the water bottle looks super sleek, the best part is that it keeps your beverage cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours. That’s the best gift you can give yourself!
- Pictures. Every year my husband and I realize that we haven’t captured very many moments of the two of us together. It’s really sad considering we both have blogs and have way too many photos of us individually. My goal is to be able to look back over the last year and remember different moments that we spent together. With cool platforms like chatbooks popping up it’s so easy and I have no excuse.
- Books. I don’t read nearly as much as I would like to. TV is way to easy to get sucked into (damn you Bravo) and I want to spend more of my time expanding my interests and learning new and exciting things. I’m planning to start by reading The Motivation Manifesto (which my husband bought me last year for Christmas, yikes!).
- Planner. Holy moly I am the most unorganized person on the planet. Luckily I remember the majority of the things I have going on but that’s not to say there hasn’t been a missed appointment here and there. I want a place for to-do’s, groceries, work projects, cleaning responsibilities, etc. I’m eyeing this one, this one, and this one!
- Smoothies. I love fruit and veggies and I love them even more when they’re blended into a frozen drink. The struggle is my early morning work schedule combined with the fact that blenders are not easy machines to keep clean. My sister recently gave me a Nutri-Ninja and I’m planning on using it on a regular basis to keep a more balanced diet; I always feel more energized when I start the day on the right foot.
Have you guys started thinking about any resolutions for 2016? Anyone blown away and wondering how it’s almost 2016!?