Last week when we finally experienced our first storm of the season, soup was the first thing I thought to make so I asked my husband what kind of soup he would like. I was assuming he would ask for Broccoli Cheese and was hoping he would suggest my favorite Chicken Tortilla. He caught me off guard and wanted Albondigas. I have never made it before so I immediately said no. Later, I looked up a few recipes and realized it wasn’t as difficult as it initially sounded. I wanted it to be light and full of vegetable so this is the recipe I came up with.
2 Celery Sticks
1 Yellow Squash
1/4 Green Pepper
1/2 Cup Brown Rice
48 oz Chicken Stock
1. Cook Rice.
2. Cut and saute 1/4 onion until clear, add other veggies and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Combine turkey, rice, 1/4 onion, salt and pepper and roll into meatballs.
5. Drop meatballs into boiled chicken stock one at a time.
6. Turn the heat down and let simmer for half an hour. Serve and enjoy!