If you’re anything like me, you love mexican food. But if you’re anything like my husband you could definitely live without it. So I made this dinner a few weeks back when I hadn’t cooked in weeks and I knew he would be up for anything home-cooked that he didn’t have to be a part of. And…. we both love it so it has been on repeat in the Rosenkilde household. It’s easy, tastes like mexican, but doesn’t feel like a heavy meal. So if you’re in the mood to try something new and delicious I recommend you take this one for a spin! Of course I had a margarita with it for good measure, it wouldn’t be mexican food without one!
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 burritos):
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups shredded chicken
1 can of beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. Cook chicken in oven with salt and pepper
2. Boil water, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Once it’s boiling add shredded chicken and black beans.
3. Shred cheese. Combine bean chicken and cheese and wrap into a burrito. Spray your pan and crisp the burritos until golden brown.
4. Add tapatio & guacamole (or whatever it is you might like). Serve!
The salad on the side is also delicious…
12 grape tomatos (cut in half)
1 stick celery
1 tbsp lime juice
dash of chili powder
1 tsp crushed garlic
salt & pepper
1. Combine all ingredients, refrigerate & serve!
*This week is outfit post light due to my recent haircut… It always takes me a few days to figure it out. Even though it’s not all that different.