Rockport Shoes c/o, similar // Anthropologie Sweater // Target Shorts // Urban Outfitters Tank // Raen Sunglasses
I know, I know we technically only have one more day until the official end of summer. But please, don’t let that stop you! We have plenty more time while the weather is still warm to get outside and soak up the sun. What better way than with a little picnic which is of course fully stocked with wine (or your drink of choice). My husband and I get into a pretty typical weekday routine. Get home, fix dinner, clean dinner and then relax with some of our favorite shows. This night however, we met up with my sister, niece and nephew and had a little picnic of our own. I’m pretty sure the kids had even more fun than we did! So, don’t let the fact that labor day has passed fool you, there is still plenty of time to enjoy a picnic in the great outdoors!
Side note, I pretty much live and die for a good mule (as you’ve seen documented here on the blog) and so these Rockports were only a different story in that they are the most comfortable shoes. You won’t regret any of my suggestions here, I promise.
*Rockport provided free product in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
JORD Watch // Free People Top, also here // Free People Shorts // Madewell Bag // Asos Sandals // Raen Sunglasses
My husband and I have been planning our trip to Hawaii for what seems like forever. I was in serious need of some rest and relaxation and Maui was the perfect place to do it. It was also the perfect place to wear my new JORD wood watch. It’s made of wood and goes perfectly with the laidback, natural vibes of Maui. I’ve been wearing it my whole trip and I’ve been getting tons of compliments on it! It’s definitely a unique watch that all women should have in their arsenal.
After a long day exploring the island it was nice to clean up and throw on this off the shoulder number I bought specifically for this vacation. It’s got just enough of that tropical, tribal feel to help me celebrate being in Hawaii without being over the top. This trip was also a great way to squeeze a little more out of my summer wardrobe. Paired with some denim cutoff shorts and of course, my JORD wood watch, I was all set for an afternoon of exploring and a sunset dinner in Lahaina. Travel tip: If you are visiting Maui you definitely need to visit Lahaina. It’s such a cute little town and there are tons of cute shops and restaurants.
Want your own JORD wood watch? Enter my contest to win $75 towards your very own! The best part? All entrants get $20 towards a JORD watch so it’s basically a win, win. Enter by filling out this simple form. Contest ends on 9/11 at 11:59PM PST. Winners will contacted directly.
This post was sponsored by JORD Wood Watches but all op
Outfit 1: Banana Republic Shorts c/o // Anthropologie Vest // J.Crew Top // Madewell Bag // J.Crew Mules, Similar //RayBan Sunglasses
Outfit 2: Banana Republic Sweater c/o // BB Dakota Jeans // J.Crew Mules, Similar // Target Bag // Spitfire Sunglasses
Fringe, tassels, or pompoms… lately I’ve been of the mindset that there can never be enough. They’re fun and give everything a great bohemian look and feel. My husband can attest to my obsession with fringe because it all started when decorating our home. We have now added macramé curtains, pom-pom curtains, a fringe pillow… a chair in our dining room is even draped with a fringe shawl to give it a little added flare. I love the trend and I love that it’s made its way to fashion so now I can sport it wherever I go. Whether on a sweater, top, bag or shoes I want it all and I want it now. When I’m in a store, my eyes zero in on the prey and there’s no pulling me away. I just find the texture so much fun and it can create such interest in an outfit.
Take these two outfits that both highlight just how awesome fringe is. In outfit 1 the color combo is quite simple with just grey white and black. But the fringe detail on the top gives the outfit depth and some much-needed visual interest and elevates a relatively simple outfit combination. In outfit 2 the fringe sweater adds some feminine detail to a pair of boyfriend jeans. Adding the heels helps really make this look special.
That’s what I think I love most about fringe details, they mix well with simple pieces that everyone has in their closet and help turn an outfit into a real show stopper. And who doesn’t want to be a show stopper?!
*Banana Republic provided free product in exchange for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Banana Republic tee c/o // Madewell Skirt // Banana Republic clutch c/o // Madewell Heels
Oh Spring, I can’t say it enough but I’m just so happy to see you. You always know how to show up right when a girl needs ya. With all the bright colors and beautiful embellishments how could you not be excited about it? Even living in Southern California where the weather is typically warm, there is a noticeable difference when the days become longer. All of a sudden my toes want to be out and my skin wants to feel that warm sun and cool spring breeze. Don’t even get me started on the flowers, my husband can attest I sound like a broken record when I get started talking about everything blooming around.
After months of keeping myself all covered up in long chunky layers, a light skirt and tee is just what the doctor ordered. Lately, I’ve really been diggin’ tying my tee’s up to create more visual interest in outfits than simply tucking in the tee. I think it creates a super flattering look as well, since it highlights the waist (your narrowest feature) and I’m pretty sure everyone is on board with that. The fun part about keeping your outfit simple is that you really get to load up on accessories. Whoever said less is more really didn’t know what they were talking about. Layered necklaces, an embellished clutch, and a bright lip, I say bring it on! I really think it just goes to show that a simple tee really is all you ever need. No more but definitely not less.
What are the ways you’re dressing for spring? Do you have any simple style tricks you’re pulling out of your book? Come on, don’t keep them all to yourself!
*Thanks to Banana Republic for collaborating on this post! All opinions expressed are my own.*
Every year my New Years resolutions seems to be the same old story, get in shape, eat healthy, etc… This year I’m trying to find real ways to make an impact with more reasonable resolutions. The goal? To live a more balanced life. Below are a few items that I already have or am hoping to get for Christmas that will help my overall well-being in the coming year.
- Takeya Thermoflask. (pictured above): If you’re anything like me you don’t drink even close to enough water throughout the day. I love water but I’m super particular about the temperature, I like it ice cold! Besides the fact that the water bottle looks super sleek, the best part is that it keeps your beverage cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours. That’s the best gift you can give yourself!
- Pictures. Every year my husband and I realize that we haven’t captured very many moments of the two of us together. It’s really sad considering we both have blogs and have way too many photos of us individually. My goal is to be able to look back over the last year and remember different moments that we spent together. With cool platforms like chatbooks popping up it’s so easy and I have no excuse.
- Books. I don’t read nearly as much as I would like to. TV is way to easy to get sucked into (damn you Bravo) and I want to spend more of my time expanding my interests and learning new and exciting things. I’m planning to start by reading The Motivation Manifesto (which my husband bought me last year for Christmas, yikes!).
- Planner. Holy moly I am the most unorganized person on the planet. Luckily I remember the majority of the things I have going on but that’s not to say there hasn’t been a missed appointment here and there. I want a place for to-do’s, groceries, work projects, cleaning responsibilities, etc. I’m eyeing this one, this one, and this one!
- Smoothies. I love fruit and veggies and I love them even more when they’re blended into a frozen drink. The struggle is my early morning work schedule combined with the fact that blenders are not easy machines to keep clean. My sister recently gave me a Nutri-Ninja and I’m planning on using it on a regular basis to keep a more balanced diet; I always feel more energized when I start the day on the right foot.
Have you guys started thinking about any resolutions for 2016? Anyone blown away and wondering how it’s almost 2016!?
Oh boy, every year I swear by this time I’ll be done Christmas shopping, gifts wrapped and under the tree so that the rest of the season can be spent admiring all the beauty that comes with the season. To say that hasn’t happened would definitely be an understatement. Don’t worry though, I’ve got the perfect solution for those on your list (and mine)! Gift baskets can seem a bit impersonal at times but with Stonewall Kitchens there are so many options to suit that special person on your list!
My husband and I love to make breakfast so we made the blueberry pancakes over the weekend. They were so delicious and it was super convenient to have everything we could need to make them from one cute box! Plus, the blueberry jam is killer! That’s not the coolest part though, follow the instructions below and you can win one of your own. Don’t forget to check out the rest of their Holiday Gift Baskets here!
1.Follow me on Instagram (@melrosenkilde)
2. Tag a one friend in the comments section to enter!
3. Want an extra entry? Tag another friend in the comments section.
It’s really that easy! Good luck and Merry Christmas!